What are the resource files and why do I need them:
What is it:
Resource files are updated more frequently than the software so they are downloaded and installed separately so that you always get the latest resource package. If you don't have the latest resource file, the software may not load, the maps may not appear or you may encounter other irregularities during general use. The TRX software will always notify if it needs to download resource files. If it doesn't then everything is up to date and you don't need to be concerned about it.
Why do I need it:
- After a software update your TRX will need to download and install a small resource files package.
- OR, if the date and time is incorrect on your TRX the resource file will not download automatically like it should. You will need to set the date and time correctly before proceeding.
Before you begin please have the following ready:
- You must be connected to WiFi
- Date and time settings must be correct on your GPS. Click here to learn how to reset them: set the date and time
- Have your TRX account information ready including email and password. After installing the resource files you will need to sign back into your account.
Download and Install Resource Files
Once connected to Wifi, open the TRX software. You should see the Resource file download screen. Click the button/text that says Start Download.
You will see the download progress. The message will then change to say "unpacking resource files" and then to say it is complete. You don't need to do anything at this point, it is all automatic.
After the download, unpacking and install is complete you will see the End User License Agreementscreen. Select Accept to proceed.
From the TRX Dashboard you will need to select Settings and then Account Profile. Sign In and allow the software to restart.
click Account Profile
Sign in with your TRX account using email and password. click Connect