Please DO NOT (ever) perform a factory reset on your TRX7.
However, in case you've accidentally performed one, follow the steps below to restore the map data to your TRX7
- Connect your device to WiFi.
- Open the TRX7 software, a message will display "Map not found would you like to recover the maps" Select Yes then select the check mark on the bottom right.
- Reopen the software from your apps screen or by selecting the TRX widget.
- Select update on the bottom right if the map does not auto start downloading.
- Keep your device connected to power as this process can take 1-2 hours. Check on the device periodically. If the map update stops select retry so it may continue.
- If the map update does not complete, takes to long or gets stuck at zero percent. You may want to try another INTERNET connection.
- Once completed your software and map are now ready to use.
To install the map via your P.C follow the steps below.
- To install the map by connecting it to your P.C follow these steps below. Click here to download the TRX7 maps ZIP file to your PC.
- On your PC, unzip the SmartORV_TRX_v3.5_USCAN_v69.03.zipfile. You should see a new Maps folder after you unzip the file.
- Connect your TRX7 unit to your PC using the supplied TRX7 USB cable.
- Click Open device to view files when the Autoplay window appears > open the Internal storage.
- Delete the existing Maps folder from your device’s internal storage.
- Copy the Maps folder from the zip file on the PC to your TRX7 internal storage.
- Disconnect your TRX7 unit from your PC once the map files have been copied to your TRX7.
Once you boot up the TRX7 again, the new maps will be immediately available.