Your TRX7 automatically searches for available TRX updates when your unit is turned on and connected to a Wi-Fi network.
When a new update is available, you'll see a message at the bottom of the screen that tells you that a software update is available.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that you're connected to Wi-Fi and plugged into AC power and your battery is charged to at least 60%.
To download a software update:
- Tap Settings from the TRX Dashboard.
- Tap Software Update. If this option is grayed out, but you know that a software update is available, turn your unit off and on again, then return to the Settings menu.
- Tap Download.
- Wait a few minutes for the update to download.
- Tap Install once the download is complete.
- Tap Install again when you see a notification asking you if you want to install an update to the existing application. Make sure that the NEW tab is selected (NOT the ALL tab).
- Wait a few minutes for the software update to install.
- Tap Open once the app has finished installing.
- Tap Start download when you see a notification that says "Magellan TRX needs to download resources". Make sure Download over Wi-Fi only is checked to ensure a quick update speed.
- Read the Magellan End-User License Agreement (EULA). Tap Accept to continue or Decline to halt the update process.
- Tap Settings > Product Information to make sure that your unit now has the latest software version installed.
- Once updated check to see if your device requires a second software update. In some cases if your software is dated you may need to update twice.
- From your dashboard go to settings then select software update. If no software updates are available then your all set.
You can now use the TRX software with the latest software update installed.