Your TRX7 automatically searches for available TRX updates when your unit is turned on and connected to a Wi-Fi network.
When a new update is available, you'll see a message at the bottom of the screen that tells you that a software update is available.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that you're connected to Wi-Fi and plugged into AC power and your battery is charged to at least 60%.
To download a software update:
- Tap Settings from the TRX Dashboard.
- Tap Software Update. If this option is grayed out, but you know that a software update is available, turn your unit off and on again, then return to the Settings menu.
- Tap Download.
- Wait a few minutes for the update to download.
- Tap Install once the download is complete.
- Tap Install again when you see a notification asking you if you want to install an update to the existing application. Make sure that the NEW tab is selected (NOT the ALL tab).
- Wait a few minutes for the software update to install.
- Tap Open once the app has finished installing.
- Tap Start download when you see a notification that says "Magellan TRX needs to download resources". Make sure Download over Wi-Fi only is checked to ensure a quick update speed.
- Read the Magellan End-User License Agreement (EULA). Tap Accept to continue or Decline to halt the update process.
- Tap Settings > Product Information to make sure that your unit now has the latest software version installed.
You can now use the TRX software with the latest software update installed.