Please follow the instruction below for replacing the current North America map on your TRX with our Mexico/ Baja map. Note this map is currently only available for the TRX series and not yet available for the TR series, such as the TR5 & TR7.
- Connect your TRX7 to Wi-Fi.
- Select the Search icon from your apps screen.
- Enter the following URL: http://chilp.it/71c567d
- A zip file will begin to download to your device. You should see a white blinking arrow on the top left of your screen.
- Once the arrow on the top left of your screen stops blinking or is finshed downloading select "File manager" from your apps screen.
- You will then see a list of folders such as Android, DCIM ect.. select the folder titled 'Download".
- Press the file titled mexico_maps.zip then select "Unzip here".
- Once unzipped a folder titled "maps" will display.
- Long press/Hold down on this folder for 2 seconds to bring up the option to copy folder. Select Copy from the popup menu.
- You will then notice it shows Paste and Cancel at bottom of the screen. Go back to internal storage where you have a list of files.
- Long press/Hold down on the Maps folder for 2 seconds to bring up the option to rename folder. Select Rename from the popup menu.
- Rename the folder to "NAMAPS" and press ok.
- Select "Paste" on the bottom of screen, the maps folder will copy to the root.
- Once the copy is finished restart your device and open the TRX app your map is now set for Mexico/Baja.
- To switch back to North American map. Switch the name between "maps" and "NAMAPS".
- There are no Preloaded trails for the Baja/Mexico map although you can find some user recorded tracks when connected to wifi.
- To search for Points of interest in Baja or Mexico make sure wifi is turned off first otherwise you will get a message stating no results found.