Your TR7 Cam automatically searches for available updates when your unit is turned on and connected to a WiFi network. When a new update is available, you'll see a message at the bottom of the screen that tells you that a software update is available.
IMPORTANT: Make sure when doing any update, the device must be plugged into a power source (AC charger) and the battery is charged to at least 60%. Do not unplugged the device from the power source while doing update to prevent interruption that may cause system error.
To Download a Software Update:
1. On your TRX APP, select the Settings Icon.
2. Tap Updates.
3. Under Software Update, tap Download. If it indicates "No updates needed" but you know that a software update is available, turn your unit off and on again, then return to the Settings.
4. Wait a few seconds or minutes for the update to download. The download rate depends on the WiFi connection.
5. Tap Install when you see a notification asking you if you want to install an update to the existing application. Make sure that the NEW tab is selected (NOT the ALL tab).
6. Wait a few minutes for the software update to install. Tap Open once the APP has finished installing.
7. Tap Start download when you see a notification that says "Magellan TRX needs to download resources". Make sure Download over Wi-Fi only is checked to ensure a quick update speed.
8. Unpacking resources
9. You can now use the TRX software with the latest software update installed. To check your APP is updated, Tap Settings > Product Information to make sure that your unit now has the latest software version installed.
NOTE: After updating software version 5.10.0003, you will be prompt to perform the Camera Update. Go back to Settings> Updates.